AIMC PROJECT CONSULTING LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATION
AIMC PCLC Program Overview:
- The AIMC Project Consulting Leadership Certification Program is a Case Study based remote training initiative for consultants in project leadership roles to enable them to demonstrate those skills in a project setting
- The Program involves a series of conference calls or cohorts to review the associated consulting competency areas to be learned
- Each participant selects a project early in the program and the application of these competencies will be documented in the Case Study Summary at the end of the project or a project phase with discrete deliverables. Individual coaching calls will also be scheduled with each participant
- Certifications for Pilot participants will be awarded upon successful completion of the Case Study assignment.
- Target Date for Opening Webinar session: November 16th, 2018 (assuming a critical class size is reached by November 1st.
- Subsequent monthly sessions: December 2018 through March 2019
- Certification awarded when Case Study assignment completed and approved
Contact the AIMC at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in participating in the program. Once the target class size is reached, prospective participants will be contacted to complete registration.
- $1,350 for AIMC Individual Members
- $1,500* for Others in Member IC Organizations
- $1,700* for Foundation for Manufacturing Excellence Members
- $1,950* for non-AIMC Members
* Includes a one year AIMC Membership
- To provide a consulting training and certification path for internal consultants who are either currently in a project leadership role or just entering that role – which is tied to the AIMC Consulting Competency Model
- This training also provides a framework to help track consultant development (such as demonstration of these skills on future projects) and to aid in consultant development and recruiting programs.
- Ability to utilize work experience for the training
- Convenience of attending conference calls and individual coaching sessions while on the job
- Access to reference material in each competency area which can be referred to as needed
- To understand the consulting skills competencies involved in effectively performing in a project or practice area leadership role
- To demonstrate these competencies in a project setting
- To provide a basis for continued tracking of development program for participants
Consulting Leadership Competency Categories:
- Business Acumen: Providing thought leadership re: industry knowledge; performance measurements (incl. comp ROI), etc.
- Business Process Optimization: Importance of client involvement & ownership
- Change Management: see Integrated Project & Change Management Methodology
- Client Service Focus: Effective listening & building trust
- Coaching: Team capability building role & issue resolution
- Management Consulting Skills: Problem solving & team bldg
- Professional Impact: Thought leadership, needs analysis & issue resolution
- Project Management (At Leadership Level): Difference between traditional PM & consulting leadership role
Case Study Requirements:
- Participant Acting in a Project/Program Leadership Role
- Project or Project Phase Completed with Discrete Deliverables
(Options: Project Starting Soon; Currently in Progress; or Recently Completed)
Project Assignment Outline:
- Project Description (Charter/Case for Action; Objectives/Desired Impact; Target Timeframe)
- Role of Participant (In Both Project Diagnosis/Solution Design/Planning Phase & Project Management & Implementation Phase)
- Application of Consulting Competencies
- Project Deliverables & Overall Impact